THE BLIND RIVET, A FASTENING ELEMENT TO MAKE ASSEMBLIES PERMANENT
A blind rivet is a fastener used to permanently join materials. At Würth, we have designed a wide range of blind rivets for professionals: split, fluted, petal, structural, etc. Learn more about their individual characteristics below.
HOW DOES A BLIND RIVET WORK?
A blind rivet is so named because it can be fixed "blind", with having access to only one of the two sides of the assembly. It is made up of two parts: the body (a hollow tube with a head, also called a collar) and the nail (a rod responsible for deforming the body during crimping). To perform riveting:
• Using a riveting pliers, pull on the nail
• the swollen part of the nail will then enter the body
• the nail breaks, leaving the rivet alone and perfectly fixed (hence the alternative name of "break-rod rivet").
DETERMINE THE RIVET TO USE: ALUMINUM OR STAINLESS STEEL, LARGE OR COUNTERSUNK HEAD, ETC.
Are you looking to identify the most suitable blind rivets for your project? Remember that there are several parameters to consider, namely:
• the material of the nail (aluminum, steel, stainless steel, copper, etc.), which depends on the load to be supported and the material of the part to be crimped, and to reduce the risk of corrosion
• the head of the rivet (classic flat head for hard materials, large head reserved for softer materials, countersunk head for an impeccable finish, etc.)
• the diameter of the rivet body, which should match the diameter of the hole minus 0.2mm
• the thickness of the part to be crossed, knowing that the rivet must not be too short, but must not exceed the maximum depth
• the type of rivet
DISCOVER OUR DIFFERENT MODELS: FLUTED, EXPLODED, PETAL BLIND RIVET
At Würth, we have designed multiple models of blind rivets, adapted to the needs of all professionals who have to perform riveting. Visit our online store and you will find rivets with various bodies:
• structural blind rivets, used for parts subjected to strong vibrations and high shear stresses, perfect for making hyper-resistant assemblies, for example for machines or truck bodies
• fluted blind rivets, with a body traversed by flutes which facilitate their fixing in wood or plastic
• burst blind rivets, which open in four parts, lose their head during installation and are intended for fragile materials
• petal blind rivets, similar to the above but which retain their head during crimping and whose opening takes the form of three petals, etc.
Close. Closer. Würth!
Do you have a question? We can help!
Order by phone Telephone +353 61 430255 Monday to Friday From 8:30am to 5pm*
*Not on public holidays
Personal on-site consultation
Over 20,000 products
Click and collect from a local store
Purchase on account
TRADE STORES NATIONWIDE
Würth is closer than ever, with trade stores opening across the country. Each store stocks around 4,000 products which are ready and waiting for you