ELASTIC WASHERS PREVENT LOOSENING OF BOLTS
The elastic washer is used to reinforce the assemblies. At Würth, we have developed a whole range of safety washers for professionals (zinc-plated steel, stainless steel, etc.) that are particularly effective and resistant. Find out more by reading these few lines!
GROWER / BELLEVILLE WASHERS THAT LOCK THE SCREWS AND CONSOLIDATE THE FASTENERS
Also called spring washers, "Grower" or "Belleville" washers (named for its inventor Julien Belleville), the elastic washer belongs to the family of lock washers. It is recognizable by its cut part, which gives it the attributes of a spring, namely a greater elastic deformation capacity than an ordinary washer. Once anchored in its application area, the elastic washer:
• will slow motion in the screw, making the binding more solid
• will reduce the tension exerted on the screw, which also improves the quality of the assembly.
IDEAL FOR PREVENTING ACCIDENTAL LOOSENING IN THE EVENT OF SHOCK OR VIBRATION
This safety washer therefore greatly reduces the risk of a screw loosening after assembly, and is particularly effective in circumstances where the bolt can be subjected to motion or vibration. Spring washers are used particularly in:
• mechanical design, to fix the elements of an engine, arrange an exhaust pipe, maintain a shock absorber, etc.
• industry, to assemble machine tools, practice screw milling, etc.
RESISTANT ELASTIC WASHERS (ZINC-PLATED STEEL, STAINLESS STEEL ...) AND OF ALL SIZES
The common point of Würth spring washers is that they are able to withstand very high axial loads. Most of our models are form B and RoHS approved, the European directive aimed at limiting the use of dangerous substances. In our online catalogue, you can find elastic washers for professionals:
• composed of various materials (A2 stainless steel, mechanically zinc-plated steel aka MZN, yellow zinc-plated steel, etc.)
• in multiple formats (inside diameter, outside diameter, thickness and height) to accommodate different types of screws (M3, M5, M8, M16, etc.)