TIGHTENERS TO ADJUST THE TENSION OF CABLES AND TIE RODS
Committed to equipping professionals with quality accessories, Würth has developed its own range of turnbuckles, available in many formats and recognized for their solidity. Our different models will allow you to make your adjustments with the greatest precision.
TENSIONERS INTENDED FOR RAILINGS, STRETCHED FABRICS AND SAILBOATS
Similar to a tensioner, the turnbuckle, or stretching screw, allows you to fix a cable to a stationary element, then to stretch this cable until it reaches the adequate tension. This system, generally consisting of a cylinder crossed by two threaded rods with inverted pitches, is used in several fields including construction, decoration and boating. The turnbuckle makes it possible to:
• set up guardrails and other guardrails
• install stretched fabrics in gardens, terraces and interiors
• maintain shrouds and chains of sailboats, etc.
FIXED TURNBUCKLE, OPEN TURNBUCKLE, FORK TURNBUCKLE, ETC..
Würth has developed a wide range of turnbuckles to meet all of your technical or aesthetic requirements, each model is available in multiple formats. Generally, the larger the thread diameter, the higher the breaking point, or strength, of the turnbuckle. Professionals can choose from these different combinations:
• turnbuckles with an articulated yoke (for greater flexibility), or with a fixed yoke
• turnbuckles with open cage (which reveal their mechanism) or closed
• turnbuckles with knee lifters, etc.
STRONG TURNBUCKLES, WHICH ENSURE PRECISE TENSIONING
Usually made of A4 stainless steel, Würth’s turnbuckles have the advantage of being very durable and resistant. However, please note that they were not designed to be used as slings, lifting equipment or load carriers. To summarize, the majority of our turnbuckles:
• are particularly solid and durable
• have a metric thread, compatible with most existing threads
• allow you to make extremely precise adjustments, for custom tensioning of the wire rope, rope or tie rod.