OUR LIFTING STRAPS, OR SLINGS, LIFT HEAVY LOADS SAFELY
The lifting strap is used to move very large loads of various shapes. Würth has looked into the needs of professionals who handle this accessory on a daily basis and has created its own series of slings, known for their flexibility, manoeuvrability and robustness.
LIFTING CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS, SECURING OR TRANSPORTING GOODS
Lifting straps (or slings) belong to the handling equipment family. They are used to handle and move goods, packages and documents. These straps play an essential role in many sectors, including:
• construction, to lift materials on construction sites
• road transport, to secure goods in heavy goods vehicles
• maritime environment, to get boats out of the water
• handling by air, to deposit a load by helicopter transport in a place inaccessible by land vehicles.
DURABLE, FLEXIBLE AND MANAGEABLE POLYESTER LIFTING STRAPS
This work accessory can be made of very diverse materials: synthetic woven rope, chain, steel cable. Würth slings are generally textile straps made of high tenacity polyester. Compliant with DIN-EN 1492-1 or DIN 60005, they stand out for:
• their great resistance and their flawless durability, for a safe work
• their light weight when empty
• a large support surface, designed to distribute the load well on the sling
• their flexibility and maneuverability, which allows them to match the contours of the load
• their texture designed not to damage the goods raised and to avoid injuries.
HOW TO CORRECTLY LIFT LOADS WITH YOUR SLINGS AND LIFTING LUGS?
Among our different models of lifting straps for professionals, you will find more or less long and wide bands, capable of supporting more or less heavy loads: flat straps, straps dedicated to the transport of wooden frame walls ... Choose the products most suited to your needs. However, be sure to follow these few guidelines for optimal safety:
• take into account the lifting angles and the maximum load capacity
• never use a damaged strap (cut, knotted, worn ...)
• do not pull on the strap once it is placed under the goods
• most of these slings must be used in an environment where the temperature does not drop below -40° C and does not exceed +100° C
• a certain category of very flexible straps (the lifting lugs dedicated to the transport of wood) are for single use, and must be destroyed once the transport has been carried out.