THE MULTIFUNCTION TRAILER REAR LIGHT, MANDATORY TO BE CLEARLY VISIBLE
As we know, all trailers must be equipped with working lights. But what are the exact rules to follow? And which light devices will best suit your needs? Take a closer look at multifunction rear trailer lights designed and produced by Würth.
REAR LIGHTS, INDICATORS, STOP LIGHTS, REVERSING LIGHT, LICENSE PLATE LIGHTING...
For starters, trailer lights must be connected to the trailer and positioned at the rear, for the benefit of individuals following the vehicle. To be considered adequate, these vehicles must have:
• a right rear light and a left rear light
• a right turn signal and a left turn signal
• a right stop light and a left stop light
• a reversing light
• a white light to illuminate the license plate
CHOOSE THE MULTIFUNCTION TRAILER TAIL LIGHTS YOU NEED
Need to equip a wood trailer, a boat trailer or a semi-trailer? Discover the wide range of multifunction rear trailer lights by Würth available in our online catalogue. Among our different models for professionals (generally composed of 12 or 24 volt LEDs), you will find:
• 3, 5 or even 7-chamber lights (flashing, brake light, rear fog light, reflector, etc.)
• rectangular or circular lights
• more noticeable or subtle lights
• lights with bulbs included or not included, etc.
MANDATORY ADDITIONAL LIGHTS, DEPENDING ON THE LENGTH OR WIDTH OF THE TRAILER
Remember, however, that the legal obligations do not stop there. If your trailer exceeds the prescribed length or width, it should be fitted with additional lights. To stay within the rules, you will have to think about adding:
• a position light with yellow reflector on each side of the trailer, towards the front, if its length exceeds 1.80 m
• a position light with a yellow reflector on each side of the trailer, between the rear side light and the front side light, if the length of the trailer exceeds 9.10 m
• red clearance lights at the rear and yellow lights at the front, if the width of the trailer exceeds 2.03 m.