HEAT SHRINK TUBING TO INSULATE AND REPAIR YOUR ELECTRICAL CABLES
"Thermo sheaths" are flexible plastic tubes used to protect and repair electrical wires and cables. Würth has designed and produced a whole range of heat shrink tubing (and similar accessories) to meet the needs encountered by professionals: discover their characteristics!
THE THERMO SHEATH IS USED TO COVER ELECTRICAL WIRES, TO ASSEMBLE TUBES ...
Once exposed to a sufficiently high temperature, the heat shrink tubing tightens around the cable: your cable is now insulated and secure. The thermo sheath fulfils several functions:
• protect wire or cable from abrasion, chemicals and moisture
• repair a damaged cable
• organize your cables according to a colour code
• assemble tubes end to end
• fix markings on ropes, etc.
PROTECT A CABLE BY HEATING A HEAT SHRINK TUBING: INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
To properly install your heat shrink tubing, certain rules should be followed. In particular, check the maximum recommended temperature indicated on your user manual and take care not to heat your sheath to the point of weakening or burning it. Here is a brief description of the different steps to follow:
• choose a thermo sheath of an appropriate thickness (neither too thin nor too wide, which can stick properly around the electric cable in question)
• determine the length of sheath you want to use (a fraction of 6 to 7 cm may be enough to perform a repair)
• place your sheath on your cable and slide it to the place to be covered
• turn on your heat gun and run it from one end of the sheath to the other, until it is heated over its entire length and it strongly grips your electrical cable
• allow the heat shrink tubing to harden before using the cable.
DISCOVER OUR ELECTRICAL INSULATORS: RESISTANT SHEATHS, HOT-MELT SLEEVES...
Würth thermo sheaths are generally fireproof and self-extinguishing, waterproof and particularly resistant to corrosion and degradation over time. With them, you can trust that your electrical connections are efficiently insulated! Among the electrical insulators and other accessories available in our online store, you will find:
• heat-shrink tubing and hoses of varying diameter, thickness or colour
• but also distribution systems for thermo sheaths
• hot melt sleeves
• gas burner accessories, etc.