EXHAUST PASTE: FIX EXHAUST PIPES OR SEAL THEIR CRACKS
The exhaust pipes benefit from their own assembly pastes and sealants. For all your automotive assembly or overhaul work, consider getting the high quality special pastes made by Würth!
FLEXIBLE COMPOUNDS DESIGNED TO MOUNT OR REPAIR YOUR EXHAUST PIPES
Do you have exhaust pipes to install, replace or repair? Exhaust paste is there to make your life easier. When applied with care, these flexible compounds harden under the effect of heat and provide a perfect seal to your exhaust system. Within our online store you can find:
• mounting paste for exhausts/tailpipes
• sealants for exhaust pipes.
A LUBRICATING AND RESISTANT EXHAUST PASTE, DEDICATED TO ASSEMBLY
The first of these two products imagined and produced by Würth, namely the assembly paste for exhaust pipes, is specifically dedicated to mounting and fitting exhaust pipes. It allows professionals to quickly mount or replace sleeve and flange connectors without having to carry out tedious welding work. This lubricating paste, which will gradually form a permanent seal and therefore seal the various fittings, is able to resist:
• very high temperatures, up to around 700-800° C
• the presence of gas
• collisions and vibrations
• corrosion, oxidisation and rust (which will then facilitate disassembly).
SEALING PUTTY TO FILL SMALL HOLES IN EXHAUST PIPES
The second exhaust paste, suited to automotive restoration, has been designed to seal small holes and cracks that have appeared on exhaust pipes already in use. This Würth product, which allows professionals to work without disassembly, also offers great resistance to heat and temperature variations. To apply our exhaust sealant paste:
• clean the area around the crack with a wire brush
• let the engine run for a few moments to warm the pot
• moisten intended area of application
• apply the sealant, which must also be sufficiently moist, around and inside the hole, smoothing it outwards
• let the vehicle engine run for a short quarter of an hour to start drying the product
• let the putty dry for at least 24 hours, without using your car. Your exhaust is once again fully operational!