NUMBERS AND LETTERS TO STRIKE, PERFECT PUNCHES TO MAKE YOUR EMBOSSINGS
The embossing utensils presented here are used to print numbers and letters in various materials (metals, plastics). Use them to apply serial numbers or to make markings of all kinds on a wide range of objects. Trust the high quality of the numbers and impact letters developed by Würth!
A MARKING TECHNIQUE USED TO PRINT WORDS ON OBJECTS
A punch is a kind of elongated pin with a square profile, and a reversed number or a letter embossed on its face. The punch must be hammered in to compress the material and apply the desired character. Note:
• that the depth of the embossing can be adjusted by adjusting the power of the impact
• that it is very easy to identify the tool with which the embossing was made. The industrial sector therefore tends to favour this type of marking, practically impossible to falsify, for reasons of traceability.
PUNCHES OF ALL SIZES FOR EACH NUMBER OR LETTER OF THE ALPHABET
Numbers and letters to strike designed by Würth are available in characters of different sizes. The scale varies from 3 to 12 mm. Suffice to say that you shouldn't have a problem finding the right format for your business needs. Our products allow you to print:
• all the letters of the alphabet
• and all the existing numbers (from 0 to 9).
PUNCH LETTERS OR NUMBERS ON FRAGILE MATERIAL: FIND THE RIGHT PUNCH
With Würth, you can be sure that you are using a professional quality product with high precision, which will wear out less quickly and have less chance of breaking when hammered. Need to apply letters or numbers to strike on more fragile materials? Some materials must be marked differently to avoid cracking and damage. There are in particular:
• punches intended to mark leather
• punches used to emboss on wood
• punches specific to the jewellery sector, etc.