EDGING STRIPS TO COVER THE EDGES OF YOUR WORKTOPS
Edging Strips (aka edging, edgebanding or veneer) is used to cover the narrow face of an object (a furniture edge, for example). Designed for carpentry professionals, edging strips developed by Würth are resistant and available in a variety of materials. They allow you to obtain impeccable finishes for your various furniture.
SYNTHETIC, WOOD OR PLASTIC EDGEBANDING
Edgetrims fits all work surfaces, whether their edges are straight or rounded. Within our catalogue, you will find several types of edging, which differ in their size (width, length and thickness), texture and colour. Make your choice based on the surface you want to cover:
• melamine edgetrim
• real wood edgetrim
• polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or other plastic edgetrim, etc.
APPLICATION METHODS: SELF-ADHESIVE TAPE, TO BE GLUED OR HEAT-BONDED
Edge banding must first be applied on a flat, clean surface, free of dust or traces of grease. Once the strip is fixed, all you have to do is level it off with a cutter or wood chisel, flush with the work surface, before lightly sanding it at the corners. Remember that an edge banding can be applied in various ways:
• the self-adhesive strips apply directly to the edge
• the conventional strips require the use of a neoprene glue
• the heat-bonding strips, for their part, attach using a hot iron.
RESISTANT PRODUCTS FOR CARPENTERS-DESIGNERS
Designed to meet the expectations of cabinet makers, carpenters and other professional designers, our products are recognized for their quality and durability. Once fixed, they stay in place without degrading! Our veneering products:
• are resistant to impact, and therefore grant protect to the edges of your panels • do not deteriorate in contact with usual cleaning products • do not get damaged by being exposed to sunlight (UV resistant).