EXTERNAL CIRCLIPS, ELASTIC RINGS FOR YOUR MECHANICAL ASSEMBLIES
Circlips or elastic rings are metal fasteners proving increasingly popular with professionals. These components allow you to make considerable savings in materials and labour. Zoom in on the range of external circlips created by Würth!
FIXINGS ON CYLINDRICAL SUPPORT: SAVE TIME WITH ELASTIC RINGS
Circlips are used to hold the different parts of an assembly based on a cylindrical support (shaft, axis ...) These elastic rings must simply be placed in a groove or a housing using circlip pliers. With this system, you can say goodbye to drilling or screwing! Circlips:
• allow you to reduce your costs and save time (no need for screws, nuts, washers, etc.)
• offer a more compact and lighter design than ordinary fasteners
• and are more ecological, requiring fewer components, generating less waste.
CIRCLIPS ARE FOUND IN AUTOMOBILES, HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES, AND OFFICE AUTOMATION...
Thin and discreet, the circlips are no less resistant than traditional joining elements. It’s only necessary to take care not to deform them and to not deteriorate their elasticity. They are used in particular to create axial stops or backlash. They are found:
• mainly in the automotive sector
• in household appliances
• in machines for office use.
OUR DIFFERENT TYPES OF EXTERNAL CIRCLIPS: COMPOSITION, DIAMETER, ASSOCIATED SHAFT...
Let’s start by remembering that it is important to distinguish external circlips from internal circlips. The first, generally recognizable by their wider opening, must imperatively be inserted into the internal grooves, using an adequate key. In our online store, you will find external A-rings for professionals:
• made from different materials (phosphated and oiled spring steel, stainless steel ...) • available in various internal diameters (2.7 mm, 20.5 mm, 50.8 mm, 86.5 mm ...) • which correspond to particular widths of shaft (3 mm, 15 mm, 38 mm, 70 mm ...)